Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hair straightener question: 10 points best answer!?

I have really thick curly hair but I need a straightener badly...will they work on my hair? Will one for just 10 dollars work? Any advice on that? Thanks!Hair straightener question: 10 points best answer!?
i have really thick curly hair to and i have the best straightener, if you want it to work well you will have to pay a bit more for it.





you have to get a ceramic one tho. they are the only ones that work for thick hair.





hope this helps %26lt;3Hair straightener question: 10 points best answer!?
I use a straightener with ceramic plates that also works with ions. I've used others before, but my curls are quite persistent, and cheaper straighteners didn't work for me. My hair was always frizzy and looked matte.


Not so with this one. The ion-technology is absolutely worth the extra buck, my hair is less frizzy, looks shiny and stays straight for a longer time. It also seems like it takes less time to get my hair straight. Did cost me about 40 CAD.


Also make sure you always use a heat protection product.


Cheers
If you don't really know what you're doing, kits at home will cause more harm than good. The first time I straightened my hair at home (and mine is very coarse and thick curly), it didn't turn out straight. It was wavy-ish but really uneven.





After that fiasco, I kinda got better at it. I would suggest watch a video of how it's done,and get a good flat iron to get the best results. Also, cheap straighteners work, but you'd be better off buying a $20-30 box from Sally's. It says Japanese hair straightening on it.





I did finally ended up getting the Japanese hair straightening.
it depends how high the heat goes up. if you're using a 10 dollar straightener you're probably going to have to do it really slow since the heat will be low. if you were using the chi it wouldn't take that long because it gets hot in like 10 seconds. if you ever think about getting an expensive long lasting one then i suggest you get the chi turbo. remember to use biosilk or chi hair products if you want shine in your hair or to protect damage from happening to you hair.
No.


A list of reasons cheap straightners are bad.


1. They do not heat up enough.


2. They make your hair frizz.


3. You can tell if people use them as there hair goes funny and flicky.


4. it will take you ages.


5. it will unstraighten quickly.





buy a GHD
HELL NO.... Just so you know I have the thickest curliest hair ever and I spent 120.00 dollars on a chi and it was the best thing I have ever done.... The wet to dry Chi is our best friend and cut my straighting time from 3hours to about 45 minutes to get it truly straight.... trust me spend the extra for the good one..
it will work if you have 2 hours to straighten it, maybe even longer. I have a GHD and it works so well. I have thick curly hair and it is so amazing, it does really nice curls as well. lol


not that you would need it. but they are expensive.. sooo
I just bought a flat iron that uses steam I have alot of curly hair..www.maxiusbeauty.com it's not cheap but I don't have to put product in my hair and it works. I have serum all kinds of blow dryers and junk under my sink..Not anymore it's the best!
Ya it'll work but don't buy a 10 dollar one. Get a CHI, it's like 100 dollars but WELL worth it. 10 dollar one won't work and it'll fry your hair.
one for ten dollars??


probably not


i have thick hair and mine cost 40 and works great!
Cheap straighteners are never a good idea... they dry out your hair sooooo much. Trust me, I know from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment