Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hair straightener help

i can never get my hair stick straight like i want it! i am trying to find an inexspensive one in sherwood park alberta like shoppers drug mart or something. one that is ceramic would be preferable! one that heats up quickly!does walmart or somewhere have them! can you post a link to a site and the cost please1 thank you!! ten points best answer easy question please help!!1








also do you know of any creams that work i dont really like blow drying my hair though my hair is naturally in between straight and wavy like i cant wear it without either straightening it or playing up the waves what are good products for the waves!





but the straightener is the most important question!!! thank you so much!!!Hair straightener help
the most important thing is making sure the straightner has ceramic plates. and, you should always have it heat up for 30 seconds, also divide up your hair into layers with clips and straighten each layer SLOWLY, not so fast cuz the heat needs a change to straighten the peics of hair. also, you can use hairspray or gel to hold your hair in place. the type of straightner i use is the wet to dry, and it was $20 at walmart :D, the more expensive a straightner is doesnt matter, it all does the same thing :]








*and about the waves use fructis style curl shaping gel or ion styling moose..my mom has really thin poker straight hair, and i have thick curlyyyyy hair, and it works for both of us, so it has to work for you too! :] good luckHair straightener help
My hair is the exact same as yours--not perfectly straight but not curly either, just wavy enough to be annoying. I've found that using Pantene's Sleek %26amp; Smooth really helps when I want to wear it straight, but I do have to blow dry it. I bought an ionic ceramic straightener and it works better than regular ones, but it still never seems to be perfectly straight--I always miss some spots in the back. The only way my hair is ever totally straight is when the stylist blow dries it after I get my hair cut.





I got the straightener off eBay, it was about $30.
I bought my hair straightener from wall-mart for I think 20$


They have some really good ones there


I would get a smaller one because You can style it in different ways


My hair straightener is conair brand and it is heat dry


so it basically will dry your hair while wet


and it doesn't give the blow dryer affect (big and frizzy)








and to get your hair really nice while wavy


try using anti - frizz


its not gel or mousse but it will control your waves better and stick them all into place


you can get anti - frizz anywere and almost any brand =)



ahh i have that too!!!


it sucks but usually the hair underneath is curlier so wash your hair with shampoo for curls( i use garnier) then use a little of the pantene scrunching mousse (it works better if your hair is like just starting to be dry) then put your hair into a half ponytail and swirl it into a bun. play with your waves a little bit but dont use too much mousse.


sorry i dont know about the straightener im still looking.
I like Remmington Wet 2 Straight because it isn't too expensive, but is ceramic and works pretty well. http://www.amazon.com/Remington-S-7900t-鈥?/a> I don't know much about wavy hair, but you could try a product like Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse. http://www.herbalessences.com/us/collect鈥?/a> Hope I helped! :)
Keep it dirty for a couple of days.. don't wash it. Then, apply straightening spray (I use Ion heat protection) on the ends to protect them. Straighten it once, then spray with hair spray, brush, and straighten it again. My straightener is a cheap Revlon one that I have had for three years and it still works great. For waves, I use Regis curly hair something or other or Herbal Essence curling gel. Apply those when you're hair is wet and blow dry it.
i have very curly hair and i had the same problem you do! conair is a really good brand to buy straighteners from and they are fair price.


if you are looking to have very healthy, shiny strands that wont be effected by the heat, Chi is the best you can get.


i use victoria's secret straightening gel and it really helps.


:)


good luck.


-anne marie.
Same problem as you.. I tried the inexpensive ones...didn't work... I found a chi at TJ Max for 20 bucks. Try places that you would not think to look... Discount everything stores like that have hair products too.. You have to dry it out in sections depending on how curly it is... The whole process for me takes around 2 hours. But once it is finished it last around 3 days which is worth it..
yes wal mart does have straighteners and they are pretty affordable up to more expensive. i bought a con air one from them for like 18 bucks and it lasted me 4 years! i loved it and it worked so well. use a leave in conditioner to keep your hair sleek and smooth and straight! good luck!
I'm sorry here. If you buy one that is too inexpensive, it can wreck your hair.


My friend got one that straightened it and curled it and blew it dry. It was expensive but does not hurt your hair.


Ask a store clerk to help you.
Wal mart straighteners fry your hair. If you truly want a good straightener, there's really good ones at Ulta, Beautyfirst, Trade Secret, Sephora, Sally Beauty Supply, etc. It's very worth it.
You should either look at target or look on ebay. Ebay usaully has good deals if you get what your not wanting you can give them negative feedback or at target return it and say it wasnt what you were looking for
there is this straightener from Target. it heats up in 1-2 minutes and is $20. it works really well! it's called Remington T Studio Collection.
well you can go to a drug store they will probrably sell the farouk chi for 59 dollars it works and last for a long time. Good luck :)
My hair is really curly and I use a straightener called 1/4 in. TStudio Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener from KMart. I really don't know if you have that store where you are from, but it is available to order on line. It has a perfect review and I have had it for a few years and it has worked perfectly making my hair stick straight. Here is the site for it:





http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_038W524734110001P





I looked at the Walmart site and they really only had Conair products which I don't recommend. They never have worked for me.





As for a cream to use for making the waves in your hair, I actually recommend just using some mousse that is meant for people with wavy/curly hair because it will keep the waves in place without blow drying it and it won't make it hard. I use Garnier Fructis Style Curl construct Mousse. It has always worked great for me!





Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment